Sunday, September 4, 2016

Elephant Parade part 2


www.isitreallysewstrange.com

I wanted to make a keepsake for my friend's baby. I like the idea of gifts for babies that will last a lifetime (they grow so fast and clothing only fits for a couple of months before they've outgrown it). I bought Vogue v8349 at Fabricland, years ago. It was on sale for $3.99, which is a steal for a vogue pattern. I've experimented with these patterns and embroidery before. I made the horse and elephant. I started two other elephants knowing that since my embroidery is sporadic, it would take me a while to finish them. When my friend had her baby, I got to work and completed an elephant for her. I used Avery printable cotton fabric for the label. I bought the light weight canvas fabric from Fabricland, the applique fabric is a quilting jellyroll from Walmart, and the embroidery floss is from Walmart as well. 

www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com

www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com

www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com
 The great thing about the label is that is also obscures the hand sewn seam where I closed up the elephant.
www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com
I've blurred the surnames for privacy purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment