Sunday, December 6, 2015

My newest creation

It's been a long time... work and life have taken over and I haven't been sewing. I'm hoping to sew a lot on my sewcation in December! I'm thinking of taking two Craftsy Classes: Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques and Sewing Lingerie. Has anyone taken either of these classes? Do you recommend them?

www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com


I made started sewing this bra in August and took a 6 week break and finished in October. It is the best fit yet! I utilized Emerald Erin's bra theory post to help me move the apex up 1/2 inch. I also added external powerbars to each cut. I like the added support they add. All fabric and supplies are from Bra Maker Supply except for the burgundy lace which I bought from Fabricland. I love this bra and am hoping to make many more in the coming weeks. 


www.isitreallysewstrange.blogspot.com

P.S. Does anyone have any tips for photographing bras of larger cup sizes?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bra! Congratulations on your fit adjustments! I have taken Designer Techniques Class and found it helpful, although I had problems with the video freezing on me... it was very frustrating. I do better with the Bravo 2 as my base pattern - it fits my shape much better than the Pin-up girls patterns. I was hoping the Shelley would work for me, after 7 versions it was wearable, but the straps were still too widely placed and wasn't comfortable. The Bravo 2 fit me 1st try and needed only very tiny tweaks. It's nice that we have more choices these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree it is great that we have so many choices. I am going to buy both craftsy classes! I can't wait to start watching and sewing.

      Delete