Sunday, August 24, 2014

Change of a Dress



I made this dress at the end of June. I figured that gave me enough time to make the dress without stressing myself out. I do not sew well under pressure.  I wanted something new to wear to a friends wedding. I based the design off of this diagram. The instructions are not in English, but I didn't let that stop me. I used my basic skirt sloper that I made using A Skirt A Day Sewing to make this skirt and I modified the pattern for Simplicity 3533 to make the top. I didn't want to make sleeves as I knew I'd be wearing the dress in the summer. I made it a wrap dress so that It would be easily adjustable. 
Systemschnitt_1 - Ирина Владимирова - Álbumes web de Picasa

I am pretty happy with the dress overall. The only thing I would change would be to interface the lining edge as it flipped the the outside even though I under-stitched it. This experiment in pattern making really boosted my confidence. Being able to start with my own measurements and a diagram and make something that fit me is a great feeling. I'm going to use this pattern again to make a wrap top.

6 comments: